Thread: Ubuntu One to Dropbox

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Ubuntu One to Dropbox

I have been backing up with Ubuntu One, and, using the free offer from Mover, moved my back up to my account in Dropbox. I have number of questions - first, the 'Folders To Backup' box in Ubuntu One is blank - I understand it backs up your Home folder by default - but my Home folder has about 40gb in it - and certainly my 'Folders to Ignore' is not a terribly large list, yet my Ubuntu One backup is only 2gb. My problem now arises in that, as Dropbox only accepts 2gb, I am unclear as to actually what on earth I have been backing up all along. But more importantly, after much searching on the internet (and, of course, after my backup was moved from Ubuntu One) I understand you cannot point deja dup directly to Dropbox - there is no accepted URI, and that you must actually back up to your local Dropbox folder, and then Dropbox actually uploads for you. Is that correct? And how can I ascertain exactly what files I have been backing up - considering they are all encrypted - without restoring all? Thanks for any help you can give me!

squakie is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Ubuntu One to Dropbox

You could try using u1_downloader to download your UbuntuOne content to your local disk, then use any local tools you might have to extract what you want, then move that to dropbox.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu