Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to compile and install package belle-sip-1.3.0?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: How to compile and install package belle-sip-1.3.0?

You could create a new thread in the Networking & Wireless subforum giving details of the tcp port error, someone may be able to help with that.

Did you install the libupnp-dev package? It might be possible to compile the program without upnp support, but I can't say for sure.

Beans

This link worked for me in compiling and installing Linphone.

http://akh1.blogspot.hk/2014/04/comp...in-ubuntu.html

Beans

Thank you for answering.

I prefer if I can get the 3.7.0 version installed.

The only reason I want to install linphone is because it is said, that linphone supports srtp zrtp. I have made jitsi audio work on ubuntu 14.04. But I believe it is important, that there are alternatives.

The main thing about linphone to me is, that it is not out of the box ready. That cuts me off, because I do not have knowledge about compiling and dependencies.

I have asked about how to install linphone 3.7.0 on the linphone mailing list. I did not get an answer that said follow these steps. Instead one person on the mailing list has answered me several times on specific questions. And I do not get half of what he writes.

Following his answers, I may have succeeded in getting the dependencies right. I cannot say, but there where no dependency errors when I did the compiling of belle sip, zrtp and linphone.

But during the compilation I got a message that zrtp would not be supported. I do not know if linphone will work, because I do not know how to start linphone. Likely linphone has not been installed correctly.

I tried to install linphone on a virtual box ubuntu 14.04 guest. Because I wanted to go through the installation without affecting my system. It may not be possible to make calls on a virtual guest.

Erichgamba tells me he has linphone working on ubuntu. That is a new piece of information. On the linphone mailing list not one answered me about linphone working on ubuntu. Is it ubuntu 14.04 64 bit? I will try the instructions. Several steps I do not get.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12