SSLError when trying to download using u1_downloader

I get the prompt for email and password but then:
    Code:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<string>", line 336, in <module>
      File "<string>", line 308, in main
      File "<string>", line 150, in get_session
      File "<string>", line 129, in _get_token
      File "/home/matiasb/canonical/u1-downloader/build/u1_downloader/out00-PYZ.pyz/requests.api", line 88, in post
      File "/home/matiasb/canonical/u1-downloader/build/u1_downloader/out00-PYZ.pyz/requests.api", line 44, in request
      File "/home/matiasb/canonical/u1-downloader/build/u1_downloader/out00-PYZ.pyz/requests.sessions", line 383, in request
      File "/home/matiasb/canonical/u1-downloader/build/u1_downloader/out00-PYZ.pyz/requests.sessions", line 486, in send
      File "/home/matiasb/canonical/u1-downloader/build/u1_downloader/out00-PYZ.pyz/requests.adapters", line 385, in send
    requests.exceptions.SSLError: [Errno 185090050] _ssl.c:344: error:0B084002:x509 certificate routines:X509_load_cert_crl_file:system lib
    I've got hundreds of pics from my camera on this thing... would be a bummer to have to DL them one by one.

Beans

Re: SSLError when trying to download using u1_downloader

Quote Originally Posted by finger51 View Post
    I get the prompt for email and password but then:
    Code:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "<string>", line 336, in <module>
      File "<string>", line 308, in main
      File "<string>", line 150, in get_session
      File "<string>", line 129, in _get_token
      File "/home/matiasb/canonical/u1-downloader/build/u1_downloader/out00-PYZ.pyz/requests.api", line 88, in post
      File "/home/matiasb/canonical/u1-downloader/build/u1_downloader/out00-PYZ.pyz/requests.api", line 44, in request
      File "/home/matiasb/canonical/u1-downloader/build/u1_downloader/out00-PYZ.pyz/requests.sessions", line 383, in request
      File "/home/matiasb/canonical/u1-downloader/build/u1_downloader/out00-PYZ.pyz/requests.sessions", line 486, in send
      File "/home/matiasb/canonical/u1-downloader/build/u1_downloader/out00-PYZ.pyz/requests.adapters", line 385, in send
    requests.exceptions.SSLError: [Errno 185090050] _ssl.c:344: error:0B084002:x509 certificate routines:X509_load_cert_crl_file:system lib
    I've got hundreds of pics from my camera on this thing... would be a bummer to have to DL them one by one.
    I've the same error, somebody can help us ?

Beans

I sent in the output above to ubuntu support. This is the response

It might be some issue with problems on your certificate.
    can you please either try to run the command as root or to make sure
    the cert has the right permissions by writing in the terminal (before
    you try to run the command) "chmod 644 cacert.pem" and hitting enter?

Please let me know if this works

It didn't work (same error) so no luck there. I did respond to let them know that it didn't work but haven't heard back yet.

Beans

I got the same error. It was because I only extracted the u1_downloader executable from the tar.gz file they provided. It went away when I also extracted the cacert.pem file from the same archive.

But now I get __main__.AuthenticationError: Authentication failed even though I think I'm entering the right credentials.

I finally got past that - probably confused by what I thought were unrelated changes due to the many services that use the openid credentials.
    Now it is downloading stuff, and noting "E: /content/~/Ubuntu One/......file: File download failed." from time to time. But those errors are lost in the overall flow of status messages for each file.

Also: no man page, no hint beforehand of where it plans to put the files, ....

Not very impressive UX here, I'm afraid.....

Update:

There is a lot of helpful info online. I wish they would reference the documentation for u1_downloader from their web page, and when it is run.....

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/U1/Downloader
    Last edited by nealmcb; June 20th, 2014 at 06:31 PM.