Thread: Citrix launch.ica opening in text editor, not Citrix Receiver

Beans

Citrix launch.ica opening in text editor, not Citrix Receiver

I have Citrix Receiver installed. I guess I installed it on a previous version of Ubuntu (13.?). I probably haven't used it since updating.

Today I tried to run Citrix and downloaded the launch.ica file, but when I clicked to open it, it only opened in a text editor.

I tried right-clicking and selecting the application to send it to, but Citrix Receiver was not on the list of applications (Open With...Other Applications...Show Other Applications), and I couldn't figure out how to browse to it from that context menu.

Do I need to update Citrix Receiver for the current Ubuntu version, or is the launch.ica something I should be running from the command line? (And if so, how?)

Thanks for any suggestions.

Beans

Re: Citrix launch.ica opening in text editor, not Citrix Receiver

Maybe I should ask a different question.

If I assume that I need to reinstall Citrix Receiver since updated to Ubuntu 14.04, I'm not sure how to proceed.

I've found a page that talks about installing Citrix Receiver 12.1 on Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CitrixICAClientHowTo), but I'm not sure whether I'm running 32- or 64-bit.

Also, is it necessary to go down to a previous Citrix Receiver version in order to install it on Ubuntu 14.04? The current version of Citrix Receiver is 13.0. Can that not be installed on Ubuntu 14.04?

+++++++++++++

Just tried following the instructions linked above to install Citrix Receiver 12.1 onto Ubuntu 14.04. The package lib32z1 was not found.
    Last edited by troy-brophy; June 18th, 2014 at 09:36 PM.

Beans

Re: Citrix launch.ica opening in text editor, not Citrix Receiver

Hi,

Still having problems with Citrix Receiver?

Let me know before I start answering extensively

Cheers

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by troy-brophy View Post
    Maybe I should ask a different question.

If I assume that I need to reinstall Citrix Receiver since updated to Ubuntu 14.04, I'm not sure how to proceed.

I've found a page that talks about installing Citrix Receiver 12.1 on Ubuntu 14.04 64-bit (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CitrixICAClientHowTo), but I'm not sure whether I'm running 32- or 64-bit.

Also, is it necessary to go down to a previous Citrix Receiver version in order to install it on Ubuntu 14.04? The current version of Citrix Receiver is 13.0. Can that not be installed on Ubuntu 14.04?

+++++++++++++

Just tried following the instructions linked above to install Citrix Receiver 12.1 onto Ubuntu 14.04. The package lib32z1 was not found.