Thread: Configuring the alt-tab task switcher with CompizConfig Settings Manager

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Question Configuring the alt-tab task switcher with CompizConfig Settings Manager

I have seen several threads on here and elsewhere regarding changing the behaviour of the alt-tab switcher using CompizConfig Settings Manager. The most recent is one dated only just under three months ago, so it's not a years-old post: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2211863 .

Oddly, even though it's a recent post, what the poster describes in CompizConfig Settings Manager is not what I see. He says:

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas_Gustavsson View Post
    Scroll down to the "Window management" section. Here you can select another switcher.
    I enable the "Static Application Switcher", resolve any potential conflicts by setting the setting for "Static Application Switcher".
    Now you can tweak the switcher by clicking on it. I have changed alt-tab and shift-alt-tab to "Next window (All windows)" and "Prev window (All windows)".
    However, I don't see an option to choose a new switcher here. I only see six options:

• Grid
    • Move Window
    • Place Windows
    • Resize Window
    • Scale
    • Snapping Windows

Am I missing something? I'd really like to get rid of the infuriating grouping of windows.

Craig

Beans

Re: Configuring the alt-tab task switcher with CompizConfig Settings Manager

You need to install the package 'compiz-plugins'
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Thumbs up Re: Configuring the alt-tab task switcher with CompizConfig Settings Manager

Quote Originally Posted by monkeybrain20122 View Post
    You need to install the package 'compiz-plugins'
    Of course. Sorry, with the several guides I was trying to follow I missed installing that as well as CompizConfig Settings Manager.