Thread: need help with missing partition

Beans

need help with missing partition

hi,I am very new to the site and I absolutely love Ubuntu and want to have it on my laptop. I have a ASUS Ultrabook S56C and my friend had tried installing Ubuntu on my laptop but failed. I believe he created a partition for it, but I never used it because I was unable to install Ubuntu. I really want to have Ubuntu on my laptop one day but before I do that I want some actual support from people who know what they are doing. But aside from that here is my real problem, I am currently running windows 8.1 and last night I tried to factory restore my laptop when it told me that I am missing a required driver partition. Can anyone please help me with this? I am a beginner and don't know much and it would help if you could walk me through it. I can also print screen for you to see what I am seeing. Please help because I would like to rest my laptop to factory setting and install ubuntu.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: need help with missing partition

The best answer I have is to seek out your local LUG (Linux User Group), contact them, ask for help. For a beginner, trying to talk someone through an install is VERY DIFFICULT, especially over a forum. My metro area has about 5 of these groups - one of them meets every Sunday and it especially good at helping new users get Linux installed on their laptops. The face-to-face aspect is really important, plus having 3 other people to help and explain things makes it more likely that data loss can be avoided.