Thread: Trash Icon - Where is it?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Trash Icon - Where is it?

Running gnome flashback in 14.04. I have used Applications/System Tools/Preferences/Tweak Tool to put the Trash Icon on the Desktop. However, I would like to put it in the bottom panel. I'm happy to do this re <Super>>Alt>, right click and Add to Panel but where is the (same) Trash icon that the tweak tool uses? I intend to use nautilus trash:// to open the trash folder.

Beans

Re: Trash Icon - Where is it?

It's part of 'gnome-applets':

Screenshot from 2014-06-14 10:49:35.jpg

In order to edit panel preferences and add or remove panel applets in Flashback w/Metacity you must press Alt while right-clicking the panel, and in Flashback w/Compiz you must press Alt+Super (the windows key) while right-clicking panel.

More here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2220264

My older Precise notes, which I link to there, are more complete in describing how to edit the panels.

Beans

Why not forget about it? Open Nautilus, go to Behaviour, check the box include a delete option to bypass trash. I have no idea what Trash is for. If you delete something it means delete, not moving to another folder where it continue to take up space.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by kansasnoob View Post
    It's part of 'gnome-applets'
    Thanks! That's what was not installed by default so the trash icon does not appear as an item to add to the panel - and I think that's what the OP was asking.

Problem solved!
    "Each choice we take creates a new reality. It's another path. The road not taken." Dr. Walter Bishop