I have setup LVM on LUKS for my Ubuntu and other distro partitons, which I am very happy with, but I would also like to encrypt Windows 8.1. I had planned to use TrueCrypt until I learned it does not support GPT. I would rather not have to start over configuring my laptop to use MBR as to encrypt Windows 8.1 unless absolutely necessary.

Do any of you know of a hack or workaround that would allow TrueCrypt to work on GPT UEFI, or is this something that simply will not happen until there is a release from some of the groups trying to continue TrueCrypt? GRUB could chainload TrueCrypt or vice versa perhaps.

If you are dual booting with GPT Windows 8.1 and have it encrypted what is your setup?

Maybe MBR is my best option?

For anyone wondering why use Windows at all the main reason is that I sometimes I like to play games that WINE cannot handle or cannot handle as well as Windows. An example is that I may be on call for work and gaming when there is nothing to do, and it is nice to be able to alt-tab between work systems, personal data, and gaming. quickly without having to switch operating systems. Also, I want the whole partition encrypted, not just passwords and select dirs. I do not consider Bitlocker an option, and not only because I would need to connect a flash drive each boot.