Thread: Unable to mount iPhone unhandled lockdown error

Beans

Unable to mount iPhone unhandled lockdown error

Hi guys I need your help, have some problem here with iPhone
    I get this error when plugging in my iPhone:
    Unable to mount iPhone unhandled lockdown error (-20)
    I allready have installed libimobiledevice4 gvfs libimobiledevice-utils ifuse
    I tryed idevicepair unpair && idevicepair pair but
    ERROR: Device bfa4a4e976231cb442f69559fea4838955446660 is not paired with this host
    and still have problem
    any ideas?

Beans

Re: Unable to mount iPhone unhandled lockdown error

What version of ubuntu are you using?
    What method did you use to install libmobiledevice?
    Any how the standard libimobiledevice4 doesn't work with ios7+. Check out http://itsfoss.com/mount-iphone-ipad...-ubuntu-13-10/, there is a tutoriol for ubuntu 13.10 and previous. I'm finding out if compiling from https://github.com/libimobiledevice/libimobiledevice works in 14.04. curious if the .deb package works though.
    Last edited by nadarockyraccoon; June 23rd, 2014 at 04:37 AM.

Beans

Well the compile got a bit messy, too many unsatisfied dependencies. Likely would have been easy to get around, but why muck it up when there is a ready to use debian package?

In 14.04 I had to install libtans1-3 found at http://packages.ubuntu.com/saucy/libtasn1-3. Then I installed the pre-packaged .deb from https://launchpadlibrarian.net/16167...0105_amd64.deb for ubuntu 13.10. There may be a newer version, but this worked great for me.

If you are confused about how to manually install a .deb check out http://askubuntu.com/questions/40779...e-command-line. You also could use gdebi found in the package manager. Once installed right click the package to open with gdebi and install.

If however you have done these things and it is still not working then you are part of what appears to be an ongoing bug that some how isn't fixed for you and you should plug the device in, open a terminal and type ubuntu-bug linux and follow the ongoing bug report https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...e/+bug/1215098.

Also filemanager available in the app store on your device allows wifi syncing, obnoxious i know, but you can get files on and off the device with out plugging in.
    Last edited by nadarockyraccoon; June 23rd, 2014 at 04:36 AM.

Beans

Plug your iphone while unlocked (unlock lockscreen) ,Or try to Unlock your Iphone if u have passcode, after that a dialog box should pop on you iphone click Trust then it should work...
    If not try this command on terminal
    sudo chmod 777 /var/lib/lockdown

if the folder doesnt exist

sudo mkdir /var/lib/lockdown and then chmod it to 777 with the above command...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Dthrill View Post
    Plug your iphone while unlocked (unlock lockscreen) ,Or try to Unlock your Iphone if u have passcode, after that a dialog box should pop on you iphone click Trust then it should work...
    If not try this command on terminal

if the folder doesnt exist

sudo mkdir /var/lib/lockdown and then chmod it to 777 with the above command...
    Hi, iPhone 5 connects to Ubuntu 14 but gives error 'Unhandled Lockdown error (-3)' Using Banshee Media Player I can copy music files and see how much data is on my phone but cannot get music to be recognised by phone once it's disconnected.

Any suggestions please?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

If you get “lock down error”, try using the following commands:

Code:
    sudo mkdir /var/lib/lockdown

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi
    This worked.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by d4m1r View Post

Code:
    thanks
    vig

Beans

Just thought I'd let you guys know, I had an issue with Linux Mint 17.3 and iPhone 4S/IOS 8.1. I haven't installed any packages just vanilla. I got error:
    unable to mount iphone unhandled lockdown error (-21)

I tried to run
    idevicepair unpair && idevicepair pair

This however only changed the error code, same message different number, i.e. (-x)

Once I turned off hotspot it was able to connect automatically. This was however with the phone screen unlocked while plugging it then clicking trust then browsing to drive within nemo.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by d4m1r View Post

Code:
    If you have successfully completed the above suggestion and am able to use your iOS device, but after some time error (-20) pops up again, delete the contents of /var/lib/lockdown, ensure your iOS device is on and at the home screen, plug the iOS device into your computer, answer the prompt on your device to allow your computer access to your device. Either unplug the device and plug it back in or at a command prompt type "idevicepair pair".