Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to add computer home etc. buttons to the desktop?

Beans

Angry How to add computer home etc. buttons to the desktop?

i searched every forum here to how to do that including installing ubuntu tweak but it doesnt show my computer icon there ..and no where in my entire system do i find "metacity" or those other customize stuff ...i am using Gnome Compiz and also i dont know what happened but the gnome used to have its own button layout to the right similar to windows but now its back to the normal unity button layout to the left ....any ideas? i tried everything for all these ...the dconf AND gconf editors are almost empty and doesnt have nothing for the button layout or keyboard shortcut for the "system monitor"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: How to add computer home etc. buttons to the desktop?

If you right click on the files icon you'll see what you want there. That icon is second down on the left hand launcher.

If you not keen on unity you can install gnome-session-flashback log out and choose it to login.

Beans

I want the computer icon on my desktop ...but it seems impossible -_- and how to install gnome whatever you just wrote?

Beans
    Distro

http://www.ubuntugeek.com/hhow-to-di...e-desktop.html
    You don't say which version you're running. Anyway a simple net search shows this hit.

Beans

i am using Gnome Flashback ....and i tried everything ...everytime i try to move my computer icon to desktop i get a message ..how can i add a photo here? so i can post a screenshot
    Last edited by serouj2; June 9th, 2014 at 06:29 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I'm not sure which version of Ubuntu you are on, but I always install the program
    gnome-tweak-tool
    whenever I have to deal with gnome sessions.
    Be it either classic/flashback, or gnome-shell.
    You should have the options to add the icons to the desktop from there.

If you want to post a screenshot, click on reply to thread(not quick reply) and click on the paperclip(attachments) then upload the screenshot.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Well, most people are interested in removing those desktop icons tbh. You can gain those by simply installing file manager like Nautilus or Nemo, I don't remember if they appear there as soon as you install gnome flashback or not tbh. I'm in need of some coffee :3

Beans

after i click merge it says "error copying drive (every single drive including USB and floppy) then tells me to skip all and cancels Screenshot from 2014-06-09 20:24:22.jpg

Beans

and i dont care what most people are interested in ....

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Your question and what you're linking in screen shot does not add-up. You already have ''home'' folder shortcut on desktop, which basically means your My computer. It is also where your music, video's, downloads and everything else is stored.

You can see all the drives and network place in left side when you open that folder.

What deadflower suggested, basically enabled those icons, and you already seem to have them. Not sure what more you want.

Judging by what you're posting, I would stay away from ''/'' if I was in your shoes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast