Thread: Cant log in to Ubuntu Software-center with U1 credentials.

Beans

Cant log in to Ubuntu Software-center with U1 credentials.

Hi all, im attempting to log in to software center using my U1 credentials, but I get a popup box that says "Enter password to unlock your login keyring The password you use to login to your computer no longer matches that of your login keyring". Im running Ubuntu 14.04. Fairly new install.(1 wk) I changed login password once. Either the old password or the new one unlocks popup box. What does my log in password have to do with logging on with U1 anyway. I have no problem logging on to other services such as launchpad with same creds. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Cant log in to Ubuntu Software-center with U1 credentials.

Software Centre? I think you should be using the login and pw you use to login to your computer, not U1. Try it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Cant log in to Ubuntu Software-center with U1 credentials.

I went through some of this on my 12.04.3 yesterday when I used software center to uninstall U1. Is this what you're trying to do too? Software center did require authentication to proceed with my uninstallation, but fortunately in my case my authentication pw is the same as my pw to log in to Ubuntu at boot, so it was easy. I think you can definitely rule out needing the common SSO pw you've been using to log-in to U1 or Launchpad or ubuntuforums if all you're trying to do in software center is uninstall U1. If I understand your OP correctly this would seem to leave you only two pws to try in order to authenticate software center. 1: Your original common boot and keyring pw 2: Your new changed pw. I'd have guessed No 1, but this must be an over-simplification since I'm sure you'll have tried both these. If you can clarify exactly what you're trying to do in software center, maybe this will help to give a better answer. I seem to recall marrying up my boot pw and my keyring pw when I originally installed 12.04.3, but maybe there's a way of doing this later if they aren't in step.