Thread: Which Sub-Forum to Post??

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Exclamation Which Sub-Forum to Post??

I'm planning my next Linux Box. I've done some research, and I'd like to start a thread posting some opinions (positive) on thinkpenguin.com so that I can get feedback: haven't made a purchase yet but planning to do so.

However, where to post? The only appropriate sub-forum appears to be System76 Support. It's not clear to me why this sub-forum appears to exclude, or does exclude, other vendors.

What about Dell, thinkpenguin.com, ZaReason, and EmperorLinux?

Why not change the name of the System76 sub-forum to include all vendors? If at some time in the future there exists aggregates of OP's from different vendors, then sub-forums could be created, for example, System 76 . . .

Meanwhile, where shall I post thoughts on thinkpenguin.com?
    Aller Anfang ist schwer.

ASUS PRIME Z690-A; 12th Gen Intel i3-12100 4100 MHz; RAM DDR5 4800 MHz; NVME Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2 TB

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Which Sub-Forum to Post??

The reason we have a system 76 sub-forum is because Canonical asked us to create it for them, they supply a moderator, so there isn't any extra work for the staff. The other manufacturers seem to have no interest in running a support Forum for there brands here, so we've actually closed Dell and Asus sub-forums, that are sub-forums of General Help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Arrow Re: Which Sub-Forum to Post??

I'm not interested in support. "Support" suggests a problem after the fact of purchase.
    Many Ubuntees probably have a plan for their next Linux Box. I'm interested in opinions and discussion about vendors as regards offerings, quality of service, as well as hardware questions, e.g. ssd's and TRIM in order to make informed decisions about future purchases from Linux vendors.

So I should post to Ubuntu, Linux, and OS Chat?
    Aller Anfang ist schwer.

ASUS PRIME Z690-A; 12th Gen Intel i3-12100 4100 MHz; RAM DDR5 4800 MHz; NVME Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2 TB

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Which Sub-Forum to Post??

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt_Alan View Post

I'm not interested in support. "Support" suggests a problem after the fact of purchase.
    Many Ubuntees probably have a plan for their next Linux Box. I'm interested in opinions and discussion about vendors as regards offerings, quality of service, as well as hardware questions, e.g. ssd's and TRIM in order to make informed decisions about future purchases from Linux vendors.

So I should post to Ubuntu, Linux, and OS Chat?
    This should probably belong in Ubuntu, Linux, and OS Chat.
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.