Thread: Problem downloading the zip file from Ubuntu One

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Question Problem downloading the zip file from Ubuntu One

I want to download my files from Ubuntu One

There's a link to the zip file

But the download stops after a random period of time without completing the file

The file is 570 MB
    First time down 120
    The second time down 180
    Third time down 70

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Problem downloading the zip file from Ubuntu One

Yes offir, I've been experiencing the same problem. The zipfile starts to download but doesn't fully complete so it won't open. A notice has now appeared on https://one.ubuntu.com/shutdown/ saying
    We're having some difficulties with the download.zip service right now, the service will be restored as soon as possible, in the meantime we've re-enabled downloading individual files.
    so hopefully there'll be a solution before everything gets deleted in July. Downloading individual files isn't much help to me because I've got several hundreds of small files saved there in multiple sub-folders, so it would take me months to download them individually and reassemble them into their original folders.

I think we just have to be patient and wait for UbuntuOne to sort this zipfile bug.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

They removed the option to download the zip file
    I have a lot of files how can download them fast ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Well they did say they would restore the download.zip service as soon as possible, but the clock's ticking toward July so I can understand the anxiety.

I've just solved this problem myself with mover.io. They are a kind of temporary cloud themselves which you can use to transfer stuff from one cloud to another. So I chose another cloud from their list of available destinations, and had them move each folder I had on Ubuntu One to the new one. They can move folders recursively but you do have to order each top folder to be moved one-by one. Having done this I've now got all my Ubuntu One folders stored safely on another cloud so I'm no longer panicking about July. Folders with large content and multiple sub-folders do take some time to transfer, it's not instantaneous, but very much quicker than trying to download everything manually.

Beans
    Hidden!

I was surprised when I got asked my Ubuntu One account as this is one of the first thing I removed from my OS !