Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to get rid of browser adware

Beans

Re: How do you get rid of Lubuntu adware?

Something may have attached to your google account/services. Not sure how but I am under the impression that Chrome (and probably Chromium too) integrates very tightly with a lot of google services and that's one reason why I use it only in a very limited way. I use Firefox for most things.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: How do you get rid of Lubuntu adware?

Quote Originally Posted by Sha'ir View Post
    I have not created a test account yet. Considering that the adware is browser specific it never occurred to me to create a different userprofile. I will have to wait for the adware to comeback though because I just uninstalled Chromium last night. If the adware is like the Sand People it will come back(perhaps in greater numbers). Sort of hoping that is not the case though
    You're providing details that aren't helpful

What would be helpful is you sharing the list of sites you visit, whether you've synced your Google account, etc.

I find your thread title extremely unfortunate. There are quite a few users of Lubuntu who do not have the problems you're facing. Actually, your thread is the first I've come across implying that Lubuntu is associated in anyway with adware. Given the way search engines works, such titles can do more harm than good. It's really sad to see such a title.
    de gustibus et coloribus non est disputandum -- Wiktionary

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: How to get rid of browser adware

vasa1 has a point. I modified the title to reflect the problem and hence a possible solution.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: How to get rid of browser adware

Good call sudodus, I was just about to do the same thing, as the title was very misleading.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12