Thread: Copy to clipboard in Chrome, can't paste in Windows virtual machine

Beans

Copy to clipboard in Chrome, can't paste in Windows virtual machine

Hi there,

Xubuntu 12.04, VMWare Workstation 10 running Windows 7 virtual machine.

There's a small issue I'm having that has finally become aggravating enough to seek assistance. When I copy text to the clipboard within Google Chrome I cannot paste it into Windows 7 applications. Most other applications are OK. Terminal, LibreOffice, Geany, etc. all copy to clipboard in such a way that I can paste in Windows. If I copy from Chrome, paste into Geany, copy that same text from Geany and paste into Windows 7 then it works. It's kind of a weird little issue, but I copy code samples from Chrome a lot and paste into Windows where I do my development. The easy solution would be to browse these pages from Windows, but I like having Chrome on my secondary monitor and Windows on my primary for better workflow.

Has anyone else encountered this or know of a workaround other than the one I'm using now?

Thanks,
    Michael

Beans

Re: Copy to clipboard in Chrome, can't paste in Windows virtual machine

I'm suffering from this inconvenience as well. Thanks for pointing out the workaround by copying to an intermediate first.
    I filed the bug at http://code.google.com/p/chromium/is...tail?id=396235. Please vote on it and hopefully it gets fixed.