Thread: iTunes

Beans

iTunes

Hey there! So, I've been using Lubuntu and Ubuntu for a few weeks now, and I was wondering if there's any way to get iTunes support (mainly for the iTunes store). I have an iPod Shuffle (alright, no problem there, I heard Banshee was good for that), and I have some money left in iTunes that I want to spend. I've tried using Wine and PlayOnLinux, but nothing will boot iTunes. Would it just be easier to dig out my old Windows XP and pray that it'll work?

I'm using an old Lenovo that I got from one of my teachers, with Lubuntu on it (I installed it). It's got about 70GB of hard disk, and 512MB of RAM. Also, another question: I NEED more RAM. I have an old Dell Dimension B110 that I'm gonna gut, and I was wondering if that RAM would work in my Lenovo A61e (6417-12U)?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Alright, stupid question time! iTunes help.

Quote Originally Posted by jack71 View Post
    Hey there! So, I've been using Lubuntu and Ubuntu for a few weeks now, and I was wondering if there's any way to get iTunes support (mainly for the iTunes store). I have an iPod Shuffle (alright, no problem there, I heard Banshee was good for that), and I have some money left in iTunes that I want to spend. I've tried using Wine and PlayOnLinux, but nothing will boot iTunes. Would it just be easier to dig out my old Windows XP and pray that it'll work?

I'm using an old Lenovo that I got from one of my teachers, with Lubuntu on it (I installed it). It's got about 70GB of hard disk, and 512MB of RAM. Also, another question: I NEED more RAM. I have an old Dell Dimension B110 that I'm gonna gut, and I was wondering if that RAM would work in my Lenovo A61e (6417-12U)?
    As far as I can seem iTunes has never worked well on Linux.

You will be better off using iTunes on windows.

2. Depends on the ram speed,type,etc
    Ubuntu Forums Moderation Staff || SandyDNET
    Twitter: @CatchesAStar | Last.fm
    Ubuntu Membership via Forum Contributions