Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 14.04 - FileZilla, transfer to NTFS - says no room left on disk

squakie is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: 14.04 - FileZilla, transfer to NTFS - says no room left on disk

Drive is mounted properly - never had problems with that. The problem is the drive - it failed so many times in copying that all the recoveries where saying it was going to take 171 hours! It finally got past those errors and finished in about 8 hours - and I only copied the 370gb I didn't already have backed up. At least it's sitting in a folder on another drive now. After I got it copied I formatted (not the "Quick" format) in Windows 8.1 and that completed. Back to Ubuntu and run the drive diagnostics: when I did it before it completed the quick test but failed on the extended test, now it fails immediately in the quik test. So the drive is hosed. I hope your WD holds up. Mine is a 2TB My Book Essentials USB3 drive - and for the external drives made around the same time by WD there is higher than normal (considerably) failure rate.

At any rate, since this turned out to be a dead drive, I can close the thread now.

Thanks everyone!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

my bro got one of the WD green horror stories. no warning...

anyway i don't know if mount is ok or not. but if disk is bad its data have to be moved.

i would just like to say i performed that disk to disk cloning in clonezilla (beginners mode only) and all went well. and i was surpised how fast it went. well max speed of the sata...
    Read the easy to understand, lots of pics Ubuntu manual.
    Do i need antivirus/firewall in linux?
    Full disk backup (newer kernel -> suitable for newer PC): Clonezilla
    User friendly full disk backup: Rescuezilla

squakie is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I've got to wait a while before I can buy a replacement drive - disability kind of sucks At least I eventually got saved what wasn't backed up, thank goodness!

Thanks for your help/comments mastablasta - I was glad to see someone else had heard of the WD woes!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12