Thread: Wine & Java Help

Beans

Wine & Java Help

I have used Xubuntu before but now I am using Ubuntu 14.10 and I was trying to run the Java installer for Windows I can't get it to say 'Run With Another Program" or whatever on right click I need help on getting it to always ask that on right click and will running the Java installer with Wine actually install it to Wine so I can run .exe files that use Java? Anyone that can help? Thanks in advance.

I found under properties that I can change the program that runs a file but is there a way to make it like Xubuntu with it in the right click thing. Where I can just right click and run it from whatever program I want and if I want set a default program for that file type or whatever.

Update doesn't show it on .RAR files. I also can't decompress .RAR files. Which the Windows programs I want to run are compressed in .RAR files.
    Last edited by Iowan; May 22nd, 2014 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Merged

Beans

Re: Wine & Java Help

I get this error when I get Wine to be what runs the Java installer. Then the program closes.

Beans

Re: Wine & Java Help

I had no trouble with using Wine on Xubuntu but I want to give Ubuntu a try. Used to use it for like an hour and I was like "Yeah I'm not sure" and went back to Xubuntu. So I don't have much time using Ubuntu. My bad if I sound stupid in any of my posts when talking about Ubuntu.