Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gotta Stream DV input to YouTube for an Event This Weekend!

Beans

Re: Gotta Stream DV input to YouTube for an Event This Weekend!

I streamed a Hi8 tape via dvgrab for 10 minutes with no issues.

You simply copied my example numbers for -maxrate and -bufsize. You should to come up with your own numbers. Get your upload rate from speedtest.net and then see "You have to do some simple math to figure out your numbers" in my first post for instructions.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

My problem with that is I don't have access to the site until the event tomorrow. I may even have to run through a 4G hotspot, rather than broadband. I simply don't know what speed I will have to work with.
    CPU: AMD FX 8120 8-Core Black Edition OC'd to 4.3GHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | Graphics: Twin Radeon 7870's | Memory: 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaw Series DDR3 1600

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Just found out the place has no Wi-Fi. No available Internet connection. I'm going to have to try a 4G hotspot, which according to what I've found so far, should be able to support 360p video. Worst case scenario, I just record and upload elsewhere.
    CPU: AMD FX 8120 8-Core Black Edition OC'd to 4.3GHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | Graphics: Twin Radeon 7870's | Memory: 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaw Series DDR3 1600

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

We've officially given up on the streaming. I'll just record via dvgrab to a file. Thanks so much for the help though!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12