Thread: Unable to uninstall Epson USB printer in 14.04.0-LTS

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Exclamation Unable to uninstall Epson USB printer in 14.04.0-LTS

During pre-deployment testing of an eMachines®/Acer® EL1210-09 (upgraded with a Shuttle® PC6300001 PSU and EVGA® GeForce® 8400 GS video display adapter), I tested CUPS with an Epson® WorkForce™ 310 multifunction inkjet printer recently retired from my family's at-home business (superseded by a WF-3520). Printer test failed: Apparently the Ubuntu® GNOME® printertest page never made it to the WF-310 - don't know whether the problem is a bug in GNOME® Settings: Printer, a bug in Gutenprint™, a bug in the Common UnIX Printins System™, or something else. I also found myself unable to remove the printer from GNOME Settings: Printer.

What action, short of a re-install of Ubuntu® GNOME® 14.04.0-LTS, is necessary to clear this printer from the installation?
    Last edited by bcschmerker; May 21st, 2014 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Additional software in question.
    nVIDIA® nForce® chipsets require discrete GPU's up to Pascal and appropriate nVIDIA Kernel modules.
    Most intel® ExpressSets™ and AMD® RS-Series are fully supported in open source.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Red face [SOLVED] Unable to uninstall Epson USB printer in 14.04.0-LTS

Just wasn't expecting the learning curve for GNOME® Settings: Printers to be multiplanar. Turns out, the list "+/-" was the missing link. If I run into further issues, I'll let y'all know.
    nVIDIA® nForce® chipsets require discrete GPU's up to Pascal and appropriate nVIDIA Kernel modules.
    Most intel® ExpressSets™ and AMD® RS-Series are fully supported in open source.