Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: After Clean Install no nVidia driver?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: After Clean Install no nVidia driver?

How about this? I will remove the eSATA add on card. Plug the 1T drive into the motherboard's SATA port and re-install 12.04. Once that is up and running, I can put the eSATA card in and try it without all these complications. Your advice in above reply very gratifying, and at the same time, very confusing as I have no and intend to have no RAID, ever. Or at least for the forseeable future. Meanwhile, the external drive, used to backup /home also has a USB port and maybe I should trade the nice speed of eSATA for the certainty of USB.
    AMD FX-6300, 8gig ddr3, MSI 970 Gaming, 256G WD blue SSD, GeForce GT710, HP LJ Pro M277-fdw

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Then what I do not know nor understand is how to configure your eSata card to be just SATA and not RAID. Normally I thought that was a BIOS setting.

How is installer and after install system seeing drives?
    As standard /dev/sda or /dev/xxxxxsomethingRaid?
    UEFI boot install & repair info - Regularly Updated :
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

I will now close this post/threads and many thanks to all who viewed. This device, (it's link a post or two above this post), cannot be installed (physically on the motherboard) during a OS installation (bare metal) or "clean" previous used but formatted hard drive. There may be someone with skills to make it all work harmoniously, but that's not me.

The solution, was to remove the eSATA add-on card, install 12.04 (technically a re-re-re-re-install) to the only device that the LiveUSB could find. the 1T hard drive. Once 12.04 was installed, updated, the graphic driver installed with proprietary software, the "Markings" read in Synaptic, those files/apps re-installed and then the (bothersome) Brother printer (MFC-240C all-in-one) driver(s) installed and lastly the /home restored, I once again have a working OS/'puter. But it doesn't seem to power down. That's a problem for another day. Again, more thanks than I can put into words to OldFred. This case is closed, Deputy.
    AMD FX-6300, 8gig ddr3, MSI 970 Gaming, 256G WD blue SSD, GeForce GT710, HP LJ Pro M277-fdw

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Glad you are back to working. Not sure I really helped that much.
    UEFI boot install & repair info - Regularly Updated :
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12