Thread: printer issue HP 1510

Beans

printer issue HP 1510

Hi, not sure where my old profile went?

anyway - I bought a new printer yesterday, HPLIP says fully supported, plug in installs easy, test page prints, now its got issues. I send a file to print - message says job sent, printer half feeds a piece of paper and stops, a few minutes later the paper goes all the way through without printing, job remains in the print queue until I cancel it, then I keep getting pop up messages every now and then saying the same job has been sent to the printer and then completed. If I shut it all down and restart sometimes I can get one job to print, sometimes not. After trying to print, further print jobs cannot initialise the printer. I have up to date system. ASUS eeepc 1000HA + Lubuntu with Xubuntu installed instead.

thanks

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: printer issue HP 1510

Quote Originally Posted by coral3 View Post

anyway - I bought a new printer yesterday, HPLIP says fully supported, plug in installs easy, test page prints, now its got issues. I send a file to print - message says job sent, printer half feeds a piece of paper and stops, a few minutes later the paper goes all the way through without printing, job remains in the print queue until I cancel it, then I keep getting pop up messages every now and then saying the same job has been sent to the printer and then completed. If I shut it all down and restart sometimes I can get one job to print, sometimes not. After trying to print, further print jobs cannot initialise the printer. I have up to date system. ASUS eeepc 1000HA + Lubuntu with Xubuntu installed instead.

thanks
    Open your browser and type in the address bar
    Code:
    localhost:631
    and that should open the CUPS page.

You should be able to examine the logs in the "Admin" page.

Check the correct Paper Type is set in the "Default" Options for the printer.

Good Luck
    Hypertension = Take with a pinch of salt
    | Psychocats | Ubuntu Documentation | Howto [Solved] | BBcode list | Brother Website |

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by coral3 View Post
    You may want to start a thread in the Resolution Centre, an admin will be able to help you. Please point a your previous account.
    http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=123
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |

Beans

The settings all seemed to be correct, I deleted the printer and re-added it and now it seems to be ok