Thread: Recover old (pre-SSO) profile

Beans

Recover old (pre-SSO) profile

Hi just read the sticky and I hear that you lovely peeps can help me get back into my old user account... If that's the case, that'd be super awesome! I'm pretty sure that i still have the email addy that was linked to my old account (although the one I use now is a different one...)No huge rush, but look forward to hearing from you.Cheers,Jeremy

Beans

Re: Pls help me recoer my old (pre-SSO) profile

Oops... Can't see how to edit my post? So just posting again... I meant to include info about my old profile: It's JedMeister http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=414226

Beans

Oops... Can't see how to edit my post? So just posting again... I meant to include info about my old profile: It's JedMeister http://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=414226

Beans

Beans

Sorry about all posts... It didn't seem to be posting (I was using 'Quick post' and it kept loading the 'Advanced post' window...I can't see how I'm meant to delete my superfluous posts... FWIW I'm not really loving these new forums, I don't recall the old ones being this slow to load nor doing any of this funky stuff...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

The email in the JedMeister account has "tassie" in it. It was used in 2007 to create the account. Is that enough for you to identify it? If it is still active, set is as preferred in your Ubuntu One SSO account and then post back to confirm that you have been able to do that. A forum admin will then unlink this forum account from Ubuntu One which will allow you to log into the JedMeister account.

If you can't set the email as preferred in Ubuntu One for whatever reason, pm me with the full email address - as a security check - and I'll do this another way.

No - you won't be able to edit your posts here in the RC. Because of the nature of some RC threads, we need to be sure that people can't try to obscure what they said in the first place. That doesn't apply to you of course!

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Don't worry about the repeat posts. I'm getting something similar myself with the quick reply at the moment. I think the hamster is either hungry or on strike!

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Beans

Cool Re: Recover old (pre-SSO) profile

Thanks heaps coffeecat!I've reinstated the 'tassie' account as my preferred email in SSO so I think that we should be all go.And thanks for your understanding re excessive posts and the explanation. Makes perfect sense... And most of all, have a super awesome day!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Re: Recover old (pre-SSO) profile

I disassociated this jedmeister2 account from Ubuntu One. Try logging out of the forum and in again. You should then log into the JedMeister account. You won't be able to post to this thread as JedMeister - another quirk of the permissions in this section - but please pm me from the JedMeister account if everything goes according to plan and I'll then disable this jedmeister2 account.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: Recover old (pre-SSO) profile

This account was disassociated when I looked - so you should have been able to login to the old account. There was a launchpad login ID on the old account still - sometimes that can get in the way of SSO - don't ask me why though.

Anyway - if you've done SSO - then all should be set.