Thread: Unable to compress Dropbox .zip.

Beans

Unable to compress Dropbox .zip.

Hello friends. I use Dropbox to auto-upload cell phone camera pictures over wifi. Later when space gets tight I download the pictures (they come as a .zip), store them on my server, and clean up my Dropbox account. I am having issues on multiple 14.04 systems with uncompressing that .zip. I tried both the default Archive Manager, right click "Extract All", as well as p7zip via terminal. All error out. The download is listed as fully completed though, so I'm not sure why it's acting as such.

Has anybody else seen this? Or know of a workaround?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Unable to compress Dropbox .zip.

Would you mind posting the complete error output ? How do you download the files ?

I'm not using dropbox that way. I have dropbox-nautilus installed and copy/move files from the file manager.

Edit : could download a compressed file just fine with wget here. Do you use the public link address ?
    Last edited by bapoumba; May 11th, 2014 at 06:42 PM.
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans

There is no obvious error with either method. Simply says an error reading archive. I use drop box sync so the files come down accordingly. I was just trying to download the pictures my wife took on her phone since she messaged me saying she got an error that her drop box was full but she wasn't home at the time, so I figured I'd try that and ran into the above. Of course it's not a deal breaker because I can just pull them from the sync folder but the error still made me curious. Anybody adventurous enough to test for kicks??

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Well, yeah, I can test
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]