Thread: Ubuntu 14.04 - have to disconnect my mobile internet usb device every 3-4 reboots...

Beans

Ubuntu 14.04 - have to disconnect my mobile internet usb device every 3-4 reboots...

After a fresh install of Ubuntu 14.04 my usb internet dongle (Huawei E367) started acting strange - once in 3-4 reboots it wouldn't be recognized by the system, and I have to disconnect it and reconnect it, and then enter my PIN to reanable it to be able to connect to the internet. On 13.10 this problem didn't exist, and it worked just fine no matter how many computer shutdowns occured...

Does anyone have the same problem on 14.04?

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 14.04 - have to disconnect my mobile internet usb device every 3-4 reboots

in this thread

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2222456&page=2

Hadaka comments "I think the real problem or atleast one of a possible couple is the still somewhat buggy 14.04 in combination with a broadcom dirver that is not all that common. messing with the other options would probably cause more issues than are current. Untill 14.04 is a little more setteled..this is my opinion only..I would load the stable 12.04 or you could try the 32bit 14.04. "

.........some of that may well apply to mobile broadband usb devices...........various new reports of issues with them; it is always the dilemma of distros: shall I change what is working..to what has just been released...