Thread: Xubuntu like mouse setting in Lubuntu

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Xubuntu like mouse setting in Lubuntu

Hi friends,

This might look like a weird question but I really want this. I was a Xubuntu 12.04 user till 14.04 came out. I did a fresh install of Xubuntu 14.04 and found it heavy, slow, heating my laptop and slightly buggy. So I downloaded and installed Lubuntu 14.04. I am loving it, its very stable and fast.
    Now I use a USB mouse as well as touchpad on my laptop. I use USB mouse with left hand and Touchpad with right hand . In Xubuntu if we go to "Mouse and Touchpad" Settings we see there two tabs, one to control your touchpad and other to control you mouse. So I was easily able to set USB mouse as left hand and touchpad as right hand. But in Lubuntu I have only one tab which is changing both touchpad and mouse to left hand. Is there any way of bringing Xubuntu mouse setting to Lubuntu?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Re: Xubuntu like mouse setting in Lubuntu

Probably not a complete answer, but may be setup the mouse and touchpad for left handed and then work on touchpad to get it right handed.

Ideas from here : http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1746468

11 is my touchpad id and is currently set up for right handed :
    Code:
    xinput get-button-map 11
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
    I have not fully tested, changing the mouse/touchpad menu works for me, but freezes my session that becomes completely unusable, I have to restrat LightDM from a virtual terminal. This is an unrelated issue I think as I had the same effect tweaking the keyboard the other day, and I now think it comes from me exiting ibus to have text input into Chromium working (there is a bug about it).
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests by PM, thanks |