Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I permanently allow 2 LAN computers access each other via both firewalls?

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Re: Should I permanently allow 2 LAN computers access each other via both firewalls?

Typo / ignorance. I don't use wifi much and my 3g modem, which I do use often, appears as eth1 so I forgot. eth1 and eth0 can change order in some circumstances but wlan0 and eth0 will not.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Thumbs up Re: Should I permanently allow 2 LAN computers access each other via both firewalls?

Quote Originally Posted by Lars Noodén View Post
    Typo / ignorance. I don't use wifi much and my 3g modem, which I do use often, appears as eth1 so I forgot. eth1 and eth0 can change order in some circumstances but wlan0 and eth0 will not.
    Thanks for the clarification.
    1st Distro used (live CD): Knoppix in early 2007 ¦ 1st Distro Installed: Ubuntu 7.10 in Feb 2008
    GNU/Linux User #470660 – Ubuntu User #28226
    Isaac Asimov: "I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them."

Beans

Re: Should I permanently allow 2 LAN computers access each other via both firewalls?

Quote Originally Posted by Lars Noodén View Post
    Code:
    sudo ufw allow proto tcp from 192.168.1.5 to any port ssh
    I think that might be near or at the limit of UFW. If you want to do rate limiting plus restricting to a specific IP you might need to work with iptables directly.
    if you want to rate limit only, you can just change allow to limit in the ufw syntax:
    Code:
    sudo ufw limit from 192.168.0.2 to any port 22,443

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Thumbs up Re: Should I permanently allow 2 LAN computers access each other via both firewalls?

Quote Originally Posted by HiImTye View Post
    if you want to rate limit only, you can just change allow to limit in the ufw syntax:
    Code:
    sudo ufw limit from 192.168.0.2 to any port 22,443
    Cheers HiImTye.
    1st Distro used (live CD): Knoppix in early 2007 ¦ 1st Distro Installed: Ubuntu 7.10 in Feb 2008
    GNU/Linux User #470660 – Ubuntu User #28226
    Isaac Asimov: "I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12