Thread: Ubuntu - Excellence

Beans

Ubuntu - Excellence

Greetings

I know I am preaching to the converted, but I wanted to say that I just tried Ubuntu (14.04) for the first time in about 8 years and I found it to be excellent:

• Presentation and polish
    • Full screen use for applications.
    • Enhanced application menu bars - LHS hidden menus, RHS major system functions
    • Software manager.
    • Dash - perfect for 95% of users.

Though an Arch Linux user myself, I will be recommending Ubuntu to almost everyone.

Best wishes

Beans

Re: Ubuntu - Excellence

Ubuntu is the most user friendly operating system out there. It's rock solid and is establishing itself as the obvious choice for those wanting a free and easy to use OS.

I believe Canonical Ubuntu has the right approach to bring Linux to the non-initiated public. I wish to see more computer shipped with Ubuntu pre-installed, which would allows unexperimented users, who don't bother about installation and all to use it in their every day lives. That may happen eventually in the future.

At any rate putting the word out there, an helping those in need of an easy, solid and virus-free system to discover Ubuntu is certainly a good thing.
    Last edited by Tar_Ni; May 5th, 2014 at 05:29 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Tar_Ni View Post

At any rate putting the word out there, an helping those in need of an easy, solid and virus-free system to discover Ubuntu is certainly a good thing.

I inherited a system that originally had Windows 7 installed on it. (Still does because I installed it - could not convert the customer). Anyways .. yesterday I was taking a trip down memory lane and I thought to myself how intrusive all of the reminders were about security problems. warnings, heartbleed bug .. on and on .. I spent 3 hours of doh! time just fiddling with settings and a plethora of other yiggidy gadgets.

Oy vey !

Regards..
    This is Rolling Release
    Warnings for New Beta Testers& Helpful Terminal Commands:
    Running Trusty /devel/@ 5.120GHz32bit/ Please put [ prefix] on New Threads!

Beans

Ubuntu is best!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

With all the flavors Ubuntu have to offer, what's not to like about it.
    UsingTheTerminal and PopularPages

Smile today, cry tomorrow!
    ( Read this everyday )

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sammiev View Post
    With all the flavors Ubuntu have to offer, what's not to like about it.
    Indeed! I like very much Ubuntu but I am also a big fan of Xubuntu which I use as my main OS. It's lightweight, fluid and visually appealing.