Thread: Bluetooth Audio problem: Gaps in music Ubuntu 14.04

Beans

Bluetooth Audio problem: Gaps in music Ubuntu 14.04

Hi Everyone!

At this moment there is only few thing holding me back to Windows and this is one of the biggest ones: My Bluetooth audio streaming is not working as expected:

When I listen music (usually via Spotify, it can be from Online Spotify or from Client, doesn't matter) it can play just fine trough my home theater, but way too often the music starts to have gaps and it starts skipping forward to "catch" that gap. And time to time it losts the connection entirelly and that is super-annoying, as you can image . Then I have to re-connect which doesn't work all the time straight away, so I have to stop playing music, re-connect and then try again.

Some specs from my computer: Acer aspire V3-771G (i7-versio of the processor) and my bluetooth and WiFI are from Atheros. I have Procaster bluetooth receiver BT-02 in my home theater.

Now running Ubuntu 14.04

Please help me out with this. Thank you!
    Last edited by galzuu; May 4th, 2014 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Typo

Beans

Re: Bluetooth Audio problem: Gaps in music Ubuntu 14.04

I've this problem too with my BlueBeats B-555 bluetooth headphone. As almost all the bluetooth headphones it switches to sleep when it's not used for a while, but when I I play any sound (or some sound automatically played like a notification sound or something), I have these gaps and it doesn't get fixed until I disconnect it and reconnect it. Any solutions?