Thread: Is Speedlink Strike FX Wireless compatible?

Beans

Is Speedlink Strike FX Wireless compatible?

I'm looking into the Speedlink Strike FX Wireless gamepad (Model number: SL-4443-BK) for use in Steam and outside it and I can not seem to find any internet source that confirms whether it can be used on Ubuntu (or any other Linux) or not.

The official site (http://www.speedlink.com/?p=2&cat=4325&pid=29685) states that it is a PS3/PC controller, and Speedlink support told me it does not support Linux.

However, I can not realy see any reason for it not to work, assuming the wireless connection is entirely handled by the usb dongle and the computer sees it just like any other usb controller. But still, I wouldn't like to order it, only to have to return it afterwards.

So, is there anyone who uses this controller that can confirm whether it works?

If not for this particular controller, then what about the other wireless controllers from Speedlink?

Beans

Re: Is Speedlink Strike FX Wireless compatible?

To answer my own question:

I bought the gamepad, tested it and it works perfectly. I have added a post in the 'Desktop Hardware Compatibility List' thread here.

Beans

Re: Is Speedlink Strike FX Wireless compatible?

How about vibration ? Works too ?

And in wireless mode ? Does it use bluez sixaxis plugin/hack ? Any problems with "jumping" axises (when about once a minute axises get to their lowest positions and back to normal again) ?
    Last edited by virtuousfox; May 8th, 2015 at 05:35 PM.