Thread: [Theme] Project eLubuntu-Lubuntu 14.04 themed like Unity - Need feedback,suggestions

Beans

[Theme] Project eLubuntu-Lubuntu 14.04 themed like Unity - Need feedback,suggestions

Folks,

I've been a fanboy of Ubuntu ever since 12.04 and been using Ubuntu as my main rig. After a long, beneficial and successful usage of Ubuntu (and sometimes its various flavours), I thought I will try and give back something to this great community.

Project eLubuntu:

I recently started using Lubuntu for various projects and was amazed by what it can do. It's small and power packed and efficient. The only thing I felt missing was the use of real estate, where I believe Unity rules the roost. So, I made a little research and found that with minimal effort, one could achieve Unity like screen usage with Lubuntu. I tried doing this and kinda had a little success! I'm not yet there in terms of seamless experience, but there is scope to do it.

Feedback, Suggestions:

I put up an article on how to do this. I would really,really appreciate if it can be looked into.. I NEED feedback and suggestions. I also need help from Openbox experts here to implement certain funtions which I have in mind.

Source:

http://www.theotherinformation.com/2...el-ubuntu.html

Appreciate the help.
    Aravinth.

Beans

Re: [Theme] Project eLubuntu-Lubuntu 14.04 themed like Unity - Need feedback,suggesti

Quote Originally Posted by aravinthrk View Post
    ... I also need help from Openbox experts here to implement certain funtions which I have in mind.
    What are those functions?

Beans

Re: [Theme] Project eLubuntu-Lubuntu 14.04 themed like Unity - Need feedback,suggesti

@vasa1, sorry for the long delayed response. Wasn't able to check back/work on this. I'm looking to:

1. Auto hide a panel when maximizing a window
    2. Remove title bar from the maximized window.
    3. Set transparency of a panel based on the immediate lower window.

As you can see, this is in effort to make openbox behave more like Unity.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks
    Aravinth.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hello I think that you can change the tint panel to maintain or not the windows up of the theme windows (hide the panel) or not.
    And exists some themes that have auto hide option enabled on tint2.
    The title bar maybe on the configuration manager of openbox you can set this preference.

Oh there are some themes of Tint which uses Unity-like theme.
    Ubuntu with me & me with Ubuntu! my GNU/Linux https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DerivativeTe.../Flavitu-Linux