Thread: FTP mount failed on startup even though i removed it from startup list...

Beans

Red face FTP mount failed on startup even though i removed it from startup list...

So, i'm running 12.04 LTS.

A while ago, i was using FTP to connect my laptop computer to my main home computer, so that i could access my school documents from anywhere. So i created a bash script to mount to my FTP's on startup.

But, i no longer use those FTP's and have shut them down. And i removed the command from "Startup Programs" and indeed deleted the script, but it still tries to mount on startup. Is there a second list that Ubuntu runs through for startup programs or?

BTW, this is not an urgent problem so if there is no quick solution then that is ok.

-Sindri

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: FTP mount failed on startup even though i removed it from startup list...

Maybe you have edited the fstab file. So, if you don't mind, post the output of:
    Code:
    cat /etc/fstab
    Thanks,
    Chris
    "Ignorance is short-lived, and knowledge is forever."

Beans

Re: FTP mount failed on startup even though i removed it from startup list...

ah, there it is. I recognized my address in one line, well, the only line and removed the line. After a restart the problem is gone. Thanks! -Sindri