Thread: why is the Unity default scroll bar still "white on white" after almost 3 years?

Beans

why is the Unity default scroll bar still "white on white" after almost 3 years?

who actually thinks this is a suitable theme?

i remember this back in 12.04 when Unity layout started and of coarse to change it requires a bunch of backdoor searching

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.04 Vivid Vervet

Re: why is the Unity default scroll bar still "white on white" after almost 3 years?

Moved to Ubuntu Linux and OS Chat
    Infinite diversity in infinite combination.

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Manual

qamelian is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: why is the Unity default scroll bar still "white on white" after almost 3 years?

It has never been white on white on my system. It has always been orange on white.

Beans

One of the first things I do when installing Ubuntu is remove those silly hidden scrollbars. I can't get on with them at all!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by qamelian View Post
    It has never been white on white on my system. It has always been orange on white.
    what theme are you using?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

wtf! you can do that! I hate the the right hand up/down scroll bar thing. How do I fix it!!!! I'm running Unity on four systems... please have pity on me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

omg! thank you! why is this buried? this should be somewhere on settings menu!!!

Beans

for me it'S the same things It has never been white on white on my system. It has always been orange on white.

qamelian is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by eival View Post
    what theme are you using?
    Just the default, Ambiance.

Beans

well i just fresh installed 14.04 after using Debian 7.4 on a brand new HDD so i had literally no left over settings and its white on slightly off-white

the only online solutions ive seen pertain to the GNOME GUI, for which theres a Tweak tool in the repos that i see specifically address this, but the Unity tweak tool doesnt, nor does the Compiz Settings, the only thing i have been able to do is get rid of the annoying pop-up scrollbar thing so now every window has a proper scroll bar, there are a few rather lengthy sets of terminal codes that claim to change the color but i'd prefer to not go down that road again and have Unity crash or break and wind up having to reinstall and get everything right again