Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are Optimus Notebooks working properly on Ubuntu 14.04?

Beans

Re: Are Optimus Notebooks working properly on Ubuntu 14.04?

Yeah, nvidia-prime needs you to log in and out. Maybe it'll be useful some day, but I'd definitely recommend trying to fix whatever problems one was having with bumblebee before resorting to it.

renato3 is offline Oops! My Coffee Cup is empty.
    Beans

Quote Originally Posted by daaxwizeman View Post
    Hi,

I don't know about you guys that are using nvidia-prime, but I noted on my laptop that when I switch form nividia to Intel with the prime-indicator switch, I only have to log out/log in and the switch takes effect. The other way is not true though for me. if I click the prime-indicator and select the option to switch and log out/log in, I am not running under nvidia driver. I have to reboot the laptop for the switch (form Intel to nvidia) to take effect.

Someone else have this behavior ? Is it a bug or a feature ?
    I had a similar, but worse, bug here. When I switch from nvidia to intel, some configuration is messed up and I can't go back to nvidia card, even when using nvidia-settings. Here is a screenshoot:

In order to solve the problem, I have to purged and reinstalled nvidia related packages. Are you experiencing this issue too?

Beans

You have to have an administrator account for prime-indicator quick switch to work properly. A regular user account will do nothing when using the quick switch. The only work around I've found is to go into nvidia-settings to change it there.

renato3 is offline Oops! My Coffee Cup is empty.
    Beans

Quote Originally Posted by pabloandnene View Post
    You have to have an administrator account for prime-indicator quick switch to work properly. A regular user account will do nothing when using the quick switch. The only work around I've found is to go into nvidia-settings to change it there.
    Even in nvidia-settings, there is a bug that when you switch to intel card you can't switch back to nvidia card. More information, bug track and workaround here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2221573

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by renato3 View Post
    I had a similar, but worse, bug here. When I switch from nvidia to intel, some configuration is messed up and I can't go back to nvidia card, even when using nvidia-settings. Here is a screenshoot:

In order to solve the problem, I have to purged and reinstalled nvidia related packages. Are you experiencing this issue too?
    Hi, nope, I don't have similar issues.

I presume there will be some improvements over time for this nvidia-prime tool.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12