Thread: Kubuntu 14.04 - ipod touch 5th gen not seen in Banshee, Amarok or Rhythmbox

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Kubuntu 14.04 - ipod touch 5th gen not seen in Banshee, Amarok or Rhythmbox

Hello,

I have a quite new install of Kubuntu 14.04 and an ipod touch 5th gen. I have updated the IOS on the ipod to IOS 7.
    When I connect the ipod I get a prompt to open it to view the pictures or files. It does not show up in any music application.

Does anyone have any suggestions please? I was under the impression it was supported "out of the box" in 14.04 which is why I updated the ipod to IOS7.

I haven't installed anything ipod related so I have a nice clean system. What makes it worse is it's my wifes laptop/ipod and I assured her it would work.

She's happy Netflix is working. Now I just need the ipod syncing to get me some browny points and hopefully an appreciative wife
    Last edited by lintoon; May 1st, 2014 at 08:53 AM. Reason: typo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Kubuntu 14.04 - ipod touch 5th gen not seen in Banshee, Amarok or Rhythmbox

Just to clarify what I mean by "I have a quite new install of Kubuntu 14.04". I setup 13.10 a couple of weeks ago and upgraded it to 14.04. I've done no tweaking other than to install pipelight.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Wow, a couple of days without a reply. That's a first on here (for me anyway). It must be a good fault or no-one has come across it.

Any ideas ? Anyone ???

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I've also tried gtkpod but can't see my ipod there either.

Any suggestions please ?