Thread: How to play freecell?

Beans

How to play freecell?

I have recently removed Windows from my computer and installed Ubuntu. When I had Windows, I enjoyed playing freecell and am trying to get it to play in Ubuntu but have not been able to accomplish that. Can someone help me so I can play freecell in Ubuntu?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: How to play freecell?

Moved to Absolute Beginners Section.

Hi mwredt-0, be very welcome to the forums.

In the Software Center you have a compilation of over eighty different solitaire card games. Everything from favorites like Freecell and Klondike through to the hopelessly pointless Clock Patience.

Just open your Ubuntu Software Center and search for: AisleRiot Solitaire
    Last edited by slickymaster; April 30th, 2014 at 10:20 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by slickymaster View Post
    Moved to Absolute Beginners Section.

Hi mwredt-0, be very welcome to the forums.

In the Software Center you have a compilation of over eighty different solitaire card games. Everything from favorites like Freecell and Klondike through to the hopelessly pointless Clock Patience.

Just open your Ubuntu Software Center and search for: AisleRiot Solitaire
    As poster is specifically asking for freecell solitaire, he can looks for Freecell Solitaire in software center.

Also, as slickymaster points, you can find a lot much more solitaire games in software center, see attached image:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by claracc View Post
    As poster is specifically asking for freecell solitaire, he can looks for Freecell Solitaire in software center.

Also, as slickymaster points, you can find a lot much more solitaire games in software center, see attached image:
    Of course installing the "Freecell Solitaire" will actually install AisleRiot...

(It might create a separate menu entry just to launch directly to freecell regardless of what's been set as default in AisleRiot, but I can't check that since the separate entry doesn't seem to even exist in 14.04 repositories any more)