Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 14.04 (Trusty Tahr) known bugs without work arounds

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: 14.04 (Trusty Tahr) known bugs without work arounds

Quote Originally Posted by tomricht@gmail.com View Post
    Chances are higher to find a workaround than getting a bugfix. So I posted on a sticky thread with similar title. But apparently the idea of that thread was to come up with workarounds right away (or I was just too negative/bad for business) and my post was moved here by a moderator.
    In my opinion, it's better to have specific threads with specific issues and to describe how the bug can be reproduced.
    Having one thread with this is buggy and that is buggy may not be useful.
    And would you be so kind as to post links to "the many Linux bugs I reported over the last 10 yrs"?
    de gustibus et coloribus non est disputandum -- Wiktionary

Beans

There is also a refresh problem in Synaptic, after a program has installed the list of softwares on the right becomes garbles unless the mouse is used to scroll or the arrow keys are used to scroll in effect causing a refresh

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

@tomricht@gmail.com, you have a chance to add as many comments as you want to a bug report, on the launchpad page that is created once your bug has been reported. If you find the Unity DE to keyboard intensive, you may want to try one of the other derivatives, Xubuntu, Lubuntu or Kubuntu, as thay are much more Windows like.

Beans
    Hidden!

Have not experienced any problems with the Unity version of 14.04. In contrast I have had numerous problems over the years with the Windows update system, most recently with a major update to Win. 8.1 in mid April of this year, which took about 20 retries to finally work. Does anybody work in QC at Microsoft?
    Last edited by RichardET; May 4th, 2014 at 02:45 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12