Thread: Password issues

Beans

Unhappy Password issues

Okay my Ubuntu has either deleted or forgotten my admin Password, I have tried to reset it though the grub menu but tell me there is a authication error, I have been trying to solve the issue my self though the help that is installed with in the user manual but none of them have worked for me,

what I did was changed my password option to none, for the admin account, but when i did not it acts like i deleted the entire password i can not install updates nor can i even down load off the software center. i have put forth a question on the question tab but no one seems to want to address the issue, is there any other way to activate the password again or assign a new password,
    furtermore when i try and do it though the user menu the contune button will not activate, is there something i am doing wrong or what am i missing or is there a defult password that i need inorder to change the password
    please will some one help
    Last edited by jmalitz1; May 21st, 2014 at 03:42 AM. Reason: solved

Beans

Re: Password issues

Do you know your own password? Can you do these administrative tasks, such as install new software, with sudo?

Last time i checked, new users on ubuntu are discouraged from accessing administrative tasks through the admit login, anyway.

In either case, post the output, including the error, of what you're trying to do.

Beans

well I got the issue fixed but instead of going though the gnome recorvy menu i just ran it though terminal and it worked
    you use the same command line wording in terminal as you would in the gnome menu

Beans
    Hidden!

well I got the issue fixed
    If this is solved could you please mark it as such with the Thread Tools drop down menu at the top of your browser window? There is a link in my sig if you need a guide on how to mark your thread [SOLVED], cheers.