Thread: Sudden shutdown

Beans

Sudden shutdown

Hello there! i have recently installed kununtu in my laptop, i have chosen to partitione my drive and i have kept windows7 wich was previously installed. After some days my laptop shutdown several times in the day suddenly. So my question is: is the problem comming from the kubuntu installation or what? So please can somebody lighting me please! I would like to learn and use ubuntu in the future!! thank you!!!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: New to kubuntu!!!

Hi, welcome.

Please at least inform where exactly is it shuting down... Windows, Linux or both?
    Galiza Nação!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Is the laptop shutting down because it's overheating?
    Registered Linux User # 451883 - Registered Ubuntu User # 16711

Beans

It is shutting down in windows!!! and is also overheating, but when i installed ubuntu it is shutting down frequently!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by samir4 View Post
    It is shutting down in windows!!! and is also overheating, but when i installed ubuntu it is shutting down frequently!!!
    ... therefore it has nothing to do with the second OS. What you have is an hardware issue - overheating - which will affect both OSs. Whether or not it coincidently got worse after installing the second OS is just that, a coincidence. Of course, this kind of problems tend to get worse sooner than later.

Get you computer repaired then come back here if you need help. Meanwhile there's no point in keeping this discussion. Please close this thread.
    Galiza Nação!

Beans

Ok thank you for your help!! but the last question is how can i get this issue fixed, i want do it myself?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Sudden shutdown

Buy a can of air clean for PC. I would take it a part and the blow it out if your a little handy.
    UsingTheTerminal and PopularPages A very handy Documentation Search Tool used by many.

Smile today, cry tomorrow!
    ( Read this everyday )

Beans

Re: Sudden shutdown

what kind of laptop is it? If it is an asus I would not advise you taking it apart yourself. The keyboard can be very tricky and has a clip that is easily broken. to date i have not been able to find a supplier for them.
    asus says they dont sell them to end users.
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.

In service to the Dream