Thread: AVCONV error (...non monotonically increasing dts...) converting to xvid with winff

Beans

Angry AVCONV error (...non monotonically increasing dts...) converting to xvid with winff

I am trying to convert a .rmvb video to .avi with xvid codec using winff app. The terminal window open in conversion process shows me this error message:

[avi @ 0x12510c0] Application provided invalid, non monotonically increasing dts to muxer in stream 1: 22 >= 22
    av_interleaved_write_frame(): Invalid argument

The setting used by winff to convert file is are:

/usr/bin/avconv -y -i "file.rmvb" -f avi -r 29.97 -vcodec libxvid -vtag XVID -filter:v scale=640:480 -aspect 4:3 -maxrate 1800k -b:v 1500k -qmin 3 -qmax 5 -bufsize 4096 -mbd 2 -bf 2 -trellis 1 -flags +aic -cmp 2 -subcmp 2 -g 300 -acodec libmp3lame -ar 48000 -b:a 128k -ac 2 "file.avi"

I am using Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty and default avconf instalation from repositories. This is the avconv -version:
    built on Mar 24 2014 06:12:33 with gcc 4.8 (Ubuntu 4.8.2-17ubuntu1)
    avconv 9.11-6:9.11-2ubuntu2
    libavutil 52. 3. 0 / 52. 18.100
    libavcodec 54. 35. 0 / 54. 35. 0
    libavformat 54. 20. 3 / 54. 20. 3
    libavdevice 53. 2. 0 / 53. 2. 0
    libavfilter 3. 3. 0 / 3. 3. 0
    libavresample 1. 0. 1 / 1. 0. 1
    libswscale 2. 1. 1 / 2. 1. 1

Are there some solution? How correct this error?
    Last edited by Saul.Lima; April 29th, 2014 at 11:32 AM.

Beans

Re: AVCONV error (...non monotonically increasing dts...) converting to xvid with win

AVCONV gives the error "Segmentation fault (core dumped)" when I try to convert some media to mp3, ogg or any other audio format. Are threre some way to get an updated version of avconv or ffmpeg with this bugs solved?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: AVCONV error (...non monotonically increasing dts...) converting to xvid with win

Quote Originally Posted by Saul.Lima View Post
    ... Are threre some way to get an updated version of avconv or ffmpeg with this bugs solved?
    Hi
    Compile it yourself ---> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/UbuntuCompilationGuide
    or
    Use a static build ---> http://ffmpeg.gusari.org/static/
    or
    Use a PPA.

Beans

Are there some safe ppa that provide an updated version of ffmpeg?
    Last edited by Saul.Lima; April 29th, 2014 at 01:53 PM.

Beans

I also get this error with avconv in Ubuntu 14.04. It always worked up to about 13.04 when I had to go back to ffmpeg but that was not easy to install. I did not get much help when trying to report this to the avconv developpers.

Does anyone know when this might be fixed (or even acknowledged as a bug) or get ffmpeg put back into the Ubuntu repositories?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by wmstrome View Post
    I also get this error with avconv in Ubuntu 14.04.
    Do you know the actual command WinFF is using that results in an error?

It always worked up to about 13.04 when I had to go back to ffmpeg but that was not easy to install.
    Did you follow theFFmpeg compile guide? It may take some time to compile. Generally you just need to copy and paste the instructions and it should work.

An easier alternative is the static builds. Just download, extract, and execute. Throw it in /usr/local/bin or elsewhere in your PATH if you want it to work with WinFF. You may also have to update the WinFF presets to use ffmpeg instead of avconv. Of skip WinFF and use ffmpeg directly. See the FFmpeg Wiki for a bunch of encoding guides.

I did not get much help when trying to report this to the avconv developpers.
    I'm not surprised.

Does anyone know when this might be fixed (or even acknowledged as a bug)
    I'd like to see your command and the complete console output to see if I can duplicate the issue with a recent ffmpeg. Your input file may also be required to duplicate the issue. If it works with ffmpeg then use that and forget avconv.

or get ffmpeg put back into the Ubuntu repositories?
    See bug #729203 and leave a comment for the maintainers that you want ffmpeg to be put back into Debian (and therefore Ubuntu probably).

Beans

Grrr, I have this issue too

Beans

If you install ffmpeg and use winff you have to replace its default presets with /usr/share/winff/presets-orig.xml (just by importing it in winff and click yes to all will replace the default)

Apart from compiling you can install up to date ffmpeg from https://launchpad.net/~samrog131/+archive/ppa

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

You could try my app: dmMediaConverter