Thread: How to get my identity back?

blnl2 is offline Ubuntu Green Coffee Beans
    Beans

Exclamation How to get my identity back?

I´m returning user, for some time not active on this forum. Unable to login to my original user account.

I used to login using:
    username: blnl
    password: ******* (7 char long)

Now the login procedure is changed and it asks for eMail instead of username. There seems to be no way to login to my original account. None of my eMails worked, but also my original password is shorted than required 8 characters.

So, I have made a new user account, but it frustrates me that I can´t access my previous threads/posts using Quick Links, and my user name is now displayed as blnl2, etc.

Can someone please help me to get my identity back?
    (I would prefer to continue with my original user account and to delete this one.)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Re: How to get my identity back?

You have a tiscali e-mail address on the forum - you used a telfort e-mail address at SSO, so the accounts did not associate.

Change SSO to the same address as the forum - let us know you have done so - then we can disassociate this account and you'll login to the old account.

If you no longer have access to the tiscali address - PM me with that whole tiscali e-mail address as verification and we can go from there.

Just for information - your old password on the forum was randomised - you no longer need that here.
    Forum Social IRC Channel
    Xubuntu IRC Support
    Xubuntu Support

Please do not PM me about Registration issues without having been asked to. I will tell you to post here

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Thread moved to Resolution Centre.
    Forum Social IRC Channel
    Xubuntu IRC Support
    Xubuntu Support

Please do not PM me about Registration issues without having been asked to. I will tell you to post here

blnl2 is offline Ubuntu Green Coffee Beans
    Beans

Thanks Elfy!
    I changed my eMail to tiscali. I also successfully completed verification of the eMail.
    Still, can´t login with tiscali eMail, but have to use telfort eMail.

What should I do next?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

logout and then when you log back in you should be in the old account, please PM me from there to confirm.
    Forum Social IRC Channel
    Xubuntu IRC Support
    Xubuntu Support