Thread: K3b and Brasero blu-ray burning problems.

Beans

K3b and Brasero blu-ray burning problems.

Hi, I have recently been trying to write blu-ray discs in ubuntu 12.04 LTS, I am looking for a way to not only write data onto the discs, I am also looking for a way to automatically have an md5 checksum file generated.
    I have had some success - Brasero can do what I want but not fully, Brasero does make an md5 checksum file but it can only burn data (even when it is completely crammed up into the disc *I made sure that there was as less space as possible left before it started burning as a test, and it worked) onto re-writeable blu-ray discs (ones that are like a usb flash drive), unless I am trying to burn data onto re-writeable discs it doesnt work at the very first thing - simulation. Is there a way to disable this??? BTW, I am using 2.0x speed.

In K3b can burn standard blu-ray discs, but it doesn't make an md5 checksum file, at least everything else works - anyway, is there a way to automatically generate md5 checksum files in the newest version of K3b(doesn't have to be the newest vesion, just so long as it supports blu-ray and makes the checksum file)??
    I have added the cdrtools repository and installed cdrecord - If anyone has problems with ubuntu "choosing" wodim instead of cdrecord during installation, do: sudo apt-get update - really helps and install afterwards.

Can someone please tell me why Brasero stop at simulation and how do I turn it off, and how/can K3b generate a checksum md5 file?

Thanks !

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: K3b and Brasero blu-ray burning problems.

You can generate an md5 checksum from the command line like this:
    Code:
    md5sum < /path/to/some/file
    So you could use k3b to generate an ISO image, use md5sum against that, then burn the image to disk if it is intact.
    If you ask for help, please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users