Thread: Executable text file: Run in Terminal by default. How?

Beans

Executable text file: Run in Terminal by default. How?

I have a code that runs an app in terminal through an executable text file. When I click it, it asks me what I want to do with it: [Run In Terminal] [Display] [Cancel] [Run].

This is so annoying.
    I would like that it always [Run in Terminal] without to ask me every time...

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Executable text file: Run in Terminal by default. How?

Which scripting language is it written in? You could comment out the line(s) where the query is made and then add a line assigning the value used for [run in terminal] to the correct variable.

Beans

This is how it should be. You don't want to click a random file and it just executes without prompting you because you may run something malicious by accident. Also you may want to have an option of editing the script by simply opening it by clicking. However, this is not the default, the default is always display, which IS annoying, so you must have changed natutilus' setting already.

Anyway, you can change this (not recommended) by opening Naulilus, go to Files > Preferences and Behaviour.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by monkeybrain20122 View Post
    Anyway, you can change this (not recommended) by opening Naulilus, go to Files > Preferences and Behaviour.
    Cool, thanks, it worked perfectly!