Thread: Conky-Like Android System Monitor Widget - Stats Monitor Widget Free

Beans

Cool Conky-Like Android System Monitor Widget - Stats Monitor Widget Free

Free: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...itorwidgetFree

Non Play Store Free Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8G...it?usp=sharing

Paid ($1): https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...smonitorwidget

This is my first app, and I'm new to app development, so any feedback or tips are greatly appreciated. I have many plans for future features and updates that could improve or add to the ad. Also, any ratings or downloads help, thanks!

Update Version 4!

- Added a network section, it displays currently connected network, current upload speeds and download speeds that update every 3 seconds! It displays the speeds in megabits per second, but it can be changed to kilobytes per second in the advanced settings! However, network speeds are supported by most devices, and some may not support it.

- Improved performance on the configuration settings, it should scroll a lot faster and smoother now

- Added radio buttons for the text alignment in advanced settings, so now you can only choose one, and is a bit more clear

- Added multiple widget sizes for launchers that cannot re size widgets (2x1, 2x2, 2x3, 2x4)

Update Version 4.1!

- Fixed a bug that stopped certain features from loading

App Description: Looking for a Conky like, text based, system monitor for android? Tired of slow system monitor widgets making your beautiful phone look ugly, and want something better? Stats Monitor was created for exactly that. As an android user, I created this app off of my own needs and desires as an android user, to create minimalist, text based widget, that could show what's going on in your phone, while keeping the home screens looking beautiful. This widget updates every second, and it displays time ( AM/PM and date ), system properties ( battery, cpu, and uptime since last boot ), and remaining memory ( internal, external, and ram ). This is all presented in a easy to see and customize able view with the option to remove some of the displayed items, change text color, and change back ground color. Through my testing, I've found this to be the fastest, most minimalistic, and most beautiful form of android system monitor widgets, and I hope you agree. If you have any suggestions or problems, feel free to e-mail me at torch2424@hotmail.com, and rate this five stars if you enjoy it. Thank you!

Permissions:
    Internet (Free Only): to get Ad requests
    Storage: to hopefully fix a crash report some devices have
    Wifi and Network: For Network Section info

Screenshots:

Thanks please reply with feedback below!
    Last edited by Aaron_Turner; April 24th, 2014 at 08:39 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Conky-Like Android System Monitor Widget - Stats Monitor Widget Free

Looks interesting, but updating every second seems a bit too often to me. Could that be made configurable?

How does this differ from the Conky? for widget that I see is available also from Google-play?

Beans

Re: Conky-Like Android System Monitor Widget - Stats Monitor Widget Free

Yes someone else requested that, I thought it'd only be apparent o him, but I guess not, I could add it in a future update.

And Conky? widget is old, and doesn't get updated, it doesn't have network support, multi cpu support, and a other things my app has that his doesn't, and mine is configurable while his is not.

I actually created the app since his wasn't to my liking haha. Thanks for you feedback though I appreciate it!