Thread: Guild Wars 2 on Ubuntu 14.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Guild Wars 2 on Ubuntu 14.04

Hey guys, so here's my issue.
    I recently installed Ubuntu 14.04. Among some of the things I planned on doing first was installing drivers, PlayOnLinux, then on to Guild Wars 2. I used PlayOnLinux to install the game I'm getting some error messages. Here is an image of the error when I start Guild Wars 2 from PlayOnLinux:

And here is an image of what I get when I start GW2 from a desktop shortcut:

I'm using the latest PlayOnLinux and running Guild Wars 2 with the latest Wine version available for GW2. Also using NVIDIA binary driver - version 331.38 from nvidia-331 (propiretary, tested). I selected this driver via the Addition Drivers window. By the way my card is Nvidia GeForce 550Ti.
    Any ideas on how I could fix this?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Guild Wars 2 on Ubuntu 14.04

Moved to Wine.

This looks like it might be a Wine-specific problem. Let's see if someone can help with that first.
    Please read The Forum Rules and The Forum Posting Guidelines

A thing discovered and kept to oneself must be discovered time and again by others. A thing discovered and shared with others need be discovered only the once.
    This universe is crazy. I'm going back to my own.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Okay thanks.

Beans

Any luck with solving this issue ? got the same problem.

Beans

Hey I just fought to get my Guild ways running so this might help you. Mine kept crashing as soon as it started and it would lock up my entire laptop. What I had to do was get the .dat file from someone else's computer and replace mine with it. You will need a flash drive with atleast 21gb free and you will have to format it to NFTS. Just copy the file and replace yours with it. I also had to run it as an emulated desktop.