Thread: Making some dialogs bigger

Beans

Making some dialogs bigger

I have installed lubuntu 14.04 and need to make some dialogs bigger. I an easily enough change the lower bar and text size of desktop icons, but what I need to change still are:

1 Desktop icon size
    2 Scroll Bar size that appears on app windows
    3 text size for menus on top of windows (file, edit, view, etc)

I do not see these in openbox settings nor in desktop prefrences. I like Lubuntu but these settings should be more accessible in a single place and less fragmented.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Making some dialogs bigger

Quote Originally Posted by markosjal View Post
    I have installed lubuntu 14.04 and need to make some dialogs bigger. I an easily enough change the lower bar and text size of desktop icons, but what I need to change still are:

1 Desktop icon size
    2 Scroll Bar size that appears on app windows
    3 text size for menus on top of windows (file, edit, view, etc)

I do not see these in openbox settings nor in desktop prefrences. I like Lubuntu but these settings should be more accessible in a single place and less fragmented.

Thanks for any help in advance.
    1- PCManFM > Preference > size of big icons

The other ones I do not know otoh, I'll have to search.
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans

Re: Making some dialogs bigger

Quote Originally Posted by markosjal View Post
    Some other things you want are in Customize Look and Feel (lxappearance from the terminal).

As for the "fragmentation", most components of Lubuntu are optional and modular and drawn from a variety of existing software. People can swap one thing for another. My guess is that's why there's no single place for accessing the things you mention.

The other thing is that the Lubuntu team is very, very small. The lead developer is a volunteer and not a full-time employee of Canonical. You may want to take a look at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Testing/14.04
    Last edited by vasa1; April 23rd, 2014 at 07:40 AM.