Thread: Crash report

Beans

Crash report

Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS

Just did two non-critical upgrades that included "crash report", shown in the var/log/apt/history.log as "whoopsie:i386 (0.1.33, 0.1.34)".

The other was "ubuntu-tweak:i386 (0.8.6-1~precise1, 0.8.7-1~precise1)".

Now I have a perpetual "crash report detected" icon in my notification area, and it WON'T respond to any click nor go away on restart . . . it shows up again.

Nevertheless, the system seems to be working properly, so it looks like it is also on perpetual "ignore".

I don't want to remove the notification area in the panel to make that bothersome icon go away. In the past, when it showed up I could always click on it, it would show me the culprit and a bunch of other path information plus an option to send a report, and on restart it would go away.

Now it shows up perpetually, and I can't even get it to show me any information.

Did this happen because of the upgrade (certainly seems so)? Is this a bug with the upgrade?

Beans

Re: Crash report

Update: Now when I click on it, it shows a "crash report detected" dialog underneath it, and if I click on THAT, it gives me the warning message:

Code:
    This problem report is damaged and cannot be processed.

TypeError(Error('Incorrect padding',),)
    No options, just the message.

Then the icon goes away. I'm going to restart and see if it shows up again.

Beans

Re: Crash report

Update 2:

On restart, I got the "crash report detected" icon again, but this time clicking on "crash report detected", I got the info dialog.

Part of what it showed was:

Code:
    Title

mate-keyring-daemon crashed with SIGSEGV in getenv()

UnreportableReason

This is not an official Ubuntu package.  Please remove any third party package and try again.
    (Mate is my DE)

Looking at that "UnreportableReason" line, I'm guessing "Ubuntu Tweak" is causing this, however I saw no path listed for "Ubuntu Tweak", just a bunch of libs, addresses, and a few listings for my kernel, 3.2.0 - 60

I closed the crash report without clicking on "Continue", the icon went away, and when I restarted it didn't show up again.

I really don't want to remove "Ubuntu Tweak", but should I report my guess to the "Ubuntu Tweak" author?

In any case, it seems like this has gone away. Should I be concerned?