Thread: Issues trying to install Gimp in Trusty 14.04

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Issues trying to install Gimp in Trusty 14.04

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    are you using a mirror, if so switch to US server & update sources
    How is it you always just know the solution to my problems?

That was all it was! I usually do the test to see which servers are faster and select the one it finds for updates and in this case it was a mirror.
    I had checked for updates prior to reading this and it just updated 3 files - the kernel.

Then I changed it back to the US server and it found 3 more updates. Gimp also installed without a problem.

Problem solved!

I had Gimp installed in prior to alpha install, alpha install, beta install. It was just the final released install that I had the problem with.

Guess I know better than to change the servers from now on!
    Thanks mc4man!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Issues trying to install Gimp in Trusty 14.04

Quote Originally Posted by monkeybrain20122 View Post
    I just did after reading your thread, using good ole synaptic without a hitch. Trusty 64 bit.

Did you install something from a ppa and then disabled or removed the ppa? I don't mean the gimp ppa, but any ppa that might have upgraded some dependencies of those packages which cannot be installed now, my guess is that the installable versions are in a ppa that you have once used and then disabled/removed.
    You were on the right track with sources. But, mc4man nailed it with the mirror sources question.
    Few days go by that you do not learn something on this quest.

I'll leave the sources default from now on and we just seen a perfect example of why.

Thanks to all who posted!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12