Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Nvidia graphics drivers version 331.38

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Nvidia graphics drivers version 331.38

KDE has come a long, long way; it predates GNOME as a desktop, and the current version has (in MHO) one heck of a lot more going for it than the current GNOME or Unity. Configurable as all get out, lots of apps, and very good fullscreen game performance, if you open Desktop Effects, click on the "Advanced" tab, and make sure that "Suspend desktop effects for fullscreen windows" is checked.

I drink my Ubuntu black, no sugar.
    Ubuntu user 28819

Beans

Talking Re: Nvidia graphics drivers version 331.38

Quote Originally Posted by oldrocker99 View Post
    KDE has come a long, long way; it predates GNOME as a desktop, and the current version has (in MHO) one heck of a lot more going for it than the current GNOME or Unity. Configurable as all get out, lots of apps, and very good fullscreen game performance, if you open Desktop Effects, click on the "Advanced" tab, and make sure that "Suspend desktop effects for fullscreen windows" is checked.
    Thank you . I'm guessing that saves me performance for when I'm ever gaming on Linux? I also just did a fresh install of Kubuntu because I love the KDE environment so much. Updated the graphics driver again and I still got extra tiny text again my original problem. But there is one thing that I like that Kubuntu or the KDE environment does, in system settings under application appearance and font I am able to manually set the DPI without making any modifications to my xorg.cong file like last time. I set it at 120 DPI and all my text and everything is perfectly fine now! This envoriment has really some really near effects. Any idea were I can get HD screen savers for Linux? I did install a bunch that I believe are from other Linux distros but are in my opinion not HD quality, I want something that's gonna pop!

Beans

Alas, after using Kubuntu for some time I am having issues with it. Such as my headset and microphone do not work well just the microphone part. And I cannot run skype for some reason like I used to on Lubuntu it doesn't even start up on Kubuntu. I'm gonna try using Linux Mint 16 and give that try and see how it all works out. Also, gonna download and burn Xubuntu and Ubuntu all on discs to try them out if I do not like Linux Mint.

Beans

definitely it is gonna boost your over all performance and one more things always download the addon driver it will work always..

Beans

Installed Kubuntu 14.04 everything works from my original problem with mic and skype not working. Also, I didn't like that Linux Mint withheld latest kernal updates which is a huge security hole to me. So ill stick with the buntu ecosystem.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345