Thread: Ubuntu 14.04LTS firefox 28 trouble

Beans

Ubuntu 14.04LTS firefox 28 trouble

Hi guys: since i installed Ubuntu 14.04LTS official ISO I’ve been having problems Fire Fox 28 with video Streaming on some sites it keeps freezing,i think it has to do with conflicts with flashplayer,i installed Google Chrome stable and i don't have none of that,can someone has same problems,is this a bug? i use not have these in Beta and previous Ubuntu.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Ubuntu 14.04LTS firefox 28 trouble

Moved to General Help seeing as Trusty has been released.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Same issue here. FF28 freezes instantly, no warning. Chrome 34 seems to work fine, as does Opera 12.16. Thankfully it doesn't lead to total lock for me, I can kill the FF process.

Assuming bug.
    Last edited by drac-noc; April 20th, 2014 at 10:10 AM. Reason: browser version numbers

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I have also been getting a FF lockup on 14.04, but I think the prob is Adobe's Flash system gobbling RAM then crashing FF. I just had Flash chew through 15 of 16Gb b4 I killed the process.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Just managed to get my FF working...

I'm not sure if this applies to everyone, but I removed everything from my ~/.mozilla/firefox folder and let FF restart with fresh config files. If possible - backup your bookmarks before trying this and import again later.

Been running for over an hour now, no issues. Flash appears to be stable and smooth. Using about ~300Mb/RAM with this window in one tab and YouTube in another. Looks good!

Unless I see something else crop up, I'm considering my problem *solved*.
    Last edited by drac-noc; April 20th, 2014 at 03:34 PM. Reason: i can haz typos?

Beans

Well i've solved my issue as always do by doing clean install of Ubuntu 14.04LTS,the time i spend trying to figure out the problem is the time i take to reinstall it,Although i had no issues with video streaming in google chrome, but i couldn't put up with that dam keying password notification every time i used the browser and could never get rid of it,or i could but just to the next reboot,and it would take to long to open the chrome web browser it would say waiting for adblock,while Fire fox is pretty fast all around.

Beans

Well i talked to soon, i'm back on the same Firefox lagging on some streams well i can't deal with it, i've removed Firefox and installed Google Chrome and it has none of those crappy issues, so screw ff,TILL THEY FIX THE PROBLEM I DON'T WANT HEAR ABOUT FIREFOX. I was a fan of FFox but this!